WSBA JOB LISTINGS
To place an ad, e-mail the details to: WSBAJobs@bmet.org
Essentials: - Title of Position
- City, or general area
- A Job Description (Keep your information reasonably brief)
- Contact information: your e-mail or a website
Please advise the webmaster by e-mail when the position is no longer available.
(Listings over 90 days old will be removed unless we hear from you.)
Last updated: 29 November 2018
Biomedical Equipment Technology Supervisor
Posted here: 29 November 2018
Original Post: 11/20/2018 9:09 AM
Job ID: 2018-8920
Type: Full Time
Department: 8437 Clinical Engineering
Shift: 1st, Days
New Grads? No
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Responsible for the daily operations of the imaging and OR shops of the Clinical Engineering department. When necessary, provides on-site maintenance support of Medical Equipment and related systems including maintenance, calibration, repair, Technical support, and user training. Participates in maintaining the service records on all equipment included in the program. Participates in maintaining the performance improvement activities within the shops and participates in CQI activities. Participates in assuring the competency of all personnel. Maintains efficient and effective shop operation while requiring compliance with all JCAHO, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to:
Lift / Carry:
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to:
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.
The employee is regularly exposed to risk of moderate electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To Apply: go to
Imaging Repair Specialist
Posted Here: 14 Nov 2018
Location: Corvallis, OR
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center is currently recruiting an Imaging Repair Specialist who will be responsible for providing technical support through the installation, calibration, preventive maintenance, performance assurance and repair of imaging, high energy and biomedical equipment.
Corvallis rests in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley and is within 90 minutes of the Portland metropolitan area, world-class skiing, gateway to wine country and the spectacular Oregon coast. Corvallis has a residential population of 55,000 and is home to Oregon State University.
Associate’s degree in an Electronics Technology related field or equivalent experience required.
Two (2) years’ experience in the maintenance and repair of diagnostic imaging equipment and high energy equipment required.
Successful completion of Drivers Privileges for SHS Vehicles application process required.
This position requires the use of the employee’s personal automobile. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and auto liability/property damage insurance as required by law and must maintain their vehicle in good working order.
Weekend requirement - Occasional
Samaritan Health Services offers an exceptional benefits package !
To Apply online for this position, or for additional information about employment opportunities with Samaritan Health Services, please visit our website at: http://www.samhealth.org/employment
Posted Here: 9 Nov 2018
Location: Everett, WA
Providence is calling a Biomedical Technician I (1.0 FTE, Days) in Biomedical Engineering to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
The Biomedical Technician I will perform entry-level biomedical electronics work in maintaining and installing medical equipment in a healthcare setting.
This is a temporary 12 month position with possibility to convert to a permanent position.
In this position you will:
· Perform routine inspections and operational tests on incoming equipment and evaluations for entry into the Equipment Management Program including, new, used, rental and/or demo equipment according to departmental policy and procedures.
· Perform routine preventative maintenance inspections and repairs per manufacturer guidelines and/or departmental policies and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of medical equipment.
· Order parts and supplies as needed.
· Enter accurate records for time and activity.
· Maintain confidentiality of records or medical center information at all times
Required qualifications for this position include:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· An associate degree in Biomedical Technology; OR equivalent military or technical training.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
· Experience training in Electronics, Mechanical/Electrical technology, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical terminology and or Healthcare equipment preferred.
To Apply: go to: https://bit.ly/2RKZzsJ
Engineering Lab Test Technician
Posted Here: 5 November, 2018
Location: Redmond, WA
Lab Test Technician performs predefined test protocols on medical devices (new products or changes on existing products) to ensure they meet FDA and other quality regulations. Tests include Electronic, Hipot, Mechanical, Drop, Vibration, Environmental, and more. Uses oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, function generators, and other test equipment. Responsible for documenting test data that is evaluated and eventually used in reports used in FDA submissions. Tests are run on a schedule that must be completed to hit delivery dates. Will work with test protocols, CAD drawings, electrical schematics, diagrams, work instructions, and other specifications. May be involved with the creation, maintenance, and repair of test fixtures, as well as other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in electronics (or Military training/experience working with electronics).
- 2+ years of hands-on test technician experience.
- Knowledge of test equipment and measurement tools such as oscilloscopes, function generator, dmm etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to clearly document and record test data.
- Ability to work with a team in close quarters.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply online at:
Biomed Imaging Repair Technician-II
Posted here: 16 October 2018
Location: Bremerton, WA
Requisition ID: 2018-R0177708
Shift: Full Time, Days
Healthcare isn’t just for doctors and nurses. Are you eager to use your specialized Biomedical & Imaging Repair skills to make a difference in healthcare? Then you’re in the right place. Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join our in-house Clinical Engineering team in one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much passion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities and make a difference in healthcare. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Relationships: Who will I work with?
As a Field Service Imaging Technician-II, you will join our in-house Clinical Engineering team comprised of multiple levels of Biomeds and Field Service Engineers, led by a nation-wide network of Managers, Directors, and VP’s. You will also partner with some of our nation’s top clinical talent at the local hospital to ensure the best patient care. And, let’s not forget the most important relationship of all…our patients.
Impact: Why does this role matter?
This role matters because you will have a direct impact on patient care and satisfaction by ensuring all diagnostic imaging equipment (radiology, nuclear, ultrasound, mammography, etc.) and biomedical equipment is functioning perfectly. Providing repair and maintenance primarily on general imaging equipment, and general biomed equipment secondarily, in our hospitals keeps the equipment functioning optimally so that our clinical and direct patient care teams can provide the best patient care possible.
You can make the biggest impact by meeting these requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field required
- CRES preferred
- Minimum of five years of related experience servicing medical imaging equipment
- Reliable transportation required
Growth: Is growth provided?
Yes, absolutely! Our teams are structured in a way that promote expansion of knowledge as well as upward mobility. As a high performing team member, you will have the opportunity to obtain specialty certifications, and work alongside our senior staff to grow your career within CHI, because together we’re better.
To Apply for this or other Biomed openings, go to
Biomed Equipment Tech II
Posted here: 4 October
Location: Kirkland, WA
Requisition ID: 1192
Renovo Solutions LLC is dedicated to providing integrated and innovative systems and services, which offer responsive Solutions to the evolving needs of the medical equipment community. RENOVO is committed to fostering a supportive work environment, encouraging employees to achieve their potential in ways that serve the needs of our customers, suppliers, and each other.
Biomedical Equipment Technician II Summary:
A BMET II performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general and/or specialized medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties. The BMET II must demonstrate a working knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with established Renovo procedures. The BMET II must demonstrate good organizational skills as well as good communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with Renovo personnel and facility staff in accordance with established operational and personnel policies and procedures.Successful candidates will have:
· Associate's degree in Biomedical Engineering or related field or military training in biomedical equipment
· 2-3 years experience as a Biomedical Equipment Technician BMET
· Experience in repair and preventative maintenance of medical device
· Excellent communication and writing skills
For more information, visit www.renovo1.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Biomed Equipment Tech III
Posted here: 4 October
Location: Kirkland, WA
Requisition ID : 1193
Renovo Solutions LLCis dedicated to providing integrated and innovative systems and services, which offer responsive Solutions to the evolving needs of the medical equipment community. RENOVO is committed to fostering a supportive work environment, encouraging employees to achieve their potential in ways that serve the needs of our customers, suppliers, and each other.
At RENOVO, we value knowledge, reliability, and integrity in our employees. If you are interested in being a part of a team that is committed to making a difference in healthcare equipment maintenance and healthcare asset and technology management, we invite you to apply for one of the open positions. We are always looking for talented, passionate, hard-working people to join our team. Our employees are not afraid to speak their mind, to try new things, and to wear multiple hats. Our people are empowered to help our customers. We foster teamwork and cooperation, and always promote a “customer first” philosophy. We uphold this standard with our associates, clients, partners, and the communities in which we do business. We live by our company’s Five Guiding Principles, which we have termed TRUST:
· Treat each other with care, kindness and respect.
· Respect our associates’ responsibility of putting family first.
· Uphold the highest standards of excellence in all we do.
· Share our success with our associates, clients, partners and community.
· Treasure our people and promote from within.
Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET III) performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general, specialized and/or high-tech medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties which may include the maintenance of documentation systems and reporting of information essential to Renovo and facility medical equipment maintenance reporting systems. The BMET III must demonstrate excellent knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with established Renovo procedures. The BMET III must demonstrate excellent organizational skills as well as excellent communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with Renovo personnel and facility staff in accordance with established operational and personnel policies and procedures.
Be able to independently perform complex troubleshooting and repairs on designated modality, while working within the established procedure. The BMET III must technically supervise and instruct technicians on the proper methods and techniques to perform installations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and repair troubleshooting on their designated modality and secondary modality. Plus have the ability to transfer a particular level of knowledge and experience to all field service personnel to resolve technical problems.
· Proper use of all standard test equipment:
· multimeter e. line resistance meter
· oscilloscope f. photometer
· dosemeter g. KV divider
· AC line analyzer h. service terminal
· Be able to read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
· Instruct customers and staff in applications and operations of the equipment.
· Exercise good system troubleshooting skills.
· Perform and be available for after hours service, also available for emergency calls on weekends.
· May be required to participate in shift scheduling.
· Perform manufacturer-mandated equipment modifications and satisfactorily complete the required paperwork.
· Be able to perform all system service diagnostics on applicable products.
· Must have the ability to work outside their designated or secondary modality to solve technical problems.
· Minimum of an Associate Degree in Electronics or Biomedical. Military training OK.
· Minimum of 5 years experience of troubleshooting and servicing medical devices.
· Minimum of 1 year service management or equivalent experience required.
· Exceptional organizational skills required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Any specialized Biomedical Device training is a plus.
· Must be able to use electronic test equipment and tools.
· Must be able to work unsupervised.
For more information, visit www.renovo1.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Biomed Tech I
Posted here: 20 Sept 2018
Location: Lincoln City, OR
Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital is currently recruiting a Biomed Tech I who will be responsible for the installation, calibration, testing, inspection, inventory assessment, preventative maintenance and repair of biomedical equipment throughout assigned facilities.
Located just two hours from the bustling city of Portland, Lincoln City is ideally situated along seven miles of sandy beach. Residents enjoy a moderate climate with cool winters and warm summers with low humidity. Lincoln City has more than 7,000 friendly residents, but during the summer months the population can easily swell to more than 30,000 as visitors from all over the world enjoy the beaches, forests, rivers and Devil’s Lake.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• One (1) of the following required: a) Associate’s degree with successful completion of an internship in biomed or electronics. b) Military training in electronics or biomed equipment and six (6) months experience. c) Equivalent combination of education and experience to any of the options above.
• Successful completion of Drivers Privileges for SHS Vehicles application process required.
Full time • Day shift
Samaritan Health Services offers an exceptional benefits package!
To apply online for this position, or for additional information about employment opportunities with Samaritan Health Services, please visit our website at: http://www.samhealth.org/employment
Lead Certified Biomedical Tech
Posted Here: 14 Sept 2018
Location: Renton, WA
Job Number: 726438
Original post: 08/13/2018
Description: Under the general supervision of the Area Clinical Technology Manager, functions in Lead capacity to, coordinate, assign, schedule, and perform work pertaining to planning, design, installation, maintenance, networking, security and decommissioning of medical equipment. Performs work quality assessment and staff training.
· Directly performs, or schedules with outside service vendors, the performance assessment and planned maintenance on a variety of equipment per established procedures.
· Analyzes malfunctions and performs or coordinates repairs and remediation of safety and recall work on a variety of medical equipment systems.
· Performs or coordinates assembly and installation, required safety inspection, and performance assurance on new medical equipment. Assess medical equipment and systems for compliance with HIPAA storage and security policies and creates periodic maintenance instructions.
· Advises on specifications for purchases on new equipment and recommends replacement of obsolete or irreparable equipment. Provides new product evaluation as requested.
· Performs or coordinates the decommissioning of medical equipment per established policies.
· Performs investigative evaluation of medical equipment involved in patient and employee incidents / accidents; documents findings and reports as required.
· Education - Develops and implements a plan for professional growth. Remains current with advancing technology, including Kaiser provided training as required to perform duties. Coordinates department in-service for new employees, assists in performing regulatory and job specific training to the work group, and recommends training for service engineers. Assists, as required, with clinical staff in-service education. Cross train new employees on use of test equipment, department procedure, and medical system support.
· Minimum five (5) years of experience servicing medical equipment.
· AAS degree in Biomedical Equipment Service Technology or Electronic Service Technology or Computer Service Technology from an accredited program OR military training in Biomedical Equipment training or Electronic Systems Support.
License, Certification, Registration:
· Must have one of the following current AAMI Certifications: CBET or CRES
· Driver's License
· Proficient in the use of testing instruments, devices, simulators, and tools associated with servicing electronic equipment
· Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
· Reading, writing, and fluently speaking and, understanding English
· Knowledge and skill using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
· Computer networking certification
· Background servicing medical equipment with emphasis on multi manufacturer experience and years of service.
· Experience servicing computer client-server systems
· CLES certification
BIO-MEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECH
Posted here: 12 Sept 2018
Pacific Vascular, Inc. is in need of a full time bio-medical equipment technician. We are employee owned. Our salaries are competitive and we offer a generous benefits package, which includes company stock. Our headquarters is located in Bothell, WA and we have over 20 independent diagnostic testing facilities throughout Washington State.
We are looking for a team player with a valid state driver’s license and a good driving record that possesses effective verbal and written communication skills, good work ethic and reliability.
A Bio-Medical Equipment Technician provides general repairs, calibrations and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in vascular ultrasound. Provides general facility system inspections, calibrations and preventive maintenance. Ensures all processing, recovery, quality assurance and research and development equipment is maintained in operational condition. Assists in the efficient operation of the facility and its systems.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Ability to perform critical thinking, logical troubleshooting, and have mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Personal Computers
- Knowledge of computer networking and network security methods
- Knowledge of clinical applications of most common medical equipment
- Ability to identify and understand the basic operating principles of standard analog and digital electronic circuits and
- Ability to read electrical and electronic circuit diagrams
- Knowledge of tools/machinery-woodshop, metal shop and plastics to fabricate an array of misc. mechanical/electronic items that
may be needed
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Physically able to lift, carry, push, or pull, up to 50 lbs. and as required; sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and reach
above shoulders, perform fine motor functions and possess functional vision, hearing and speech
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AS or BS in Electronic Technology or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience as a bio-medical tech preferred
Hours: Full time, 40 hours a week, Mon.-Fri., shift hours vary
To Apply: Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Ultrasound Equipment Service Technician
Posted here: 9 Sept 2018
Location: Bothell, WA
Alpinion Medical Systems believes that technology is only meaningful when it delivers value to health care providers. Guided by this philosophy Alpinion focuses on the development and production of ultrasound, including diagnostic ultrasound, therapeutic HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound), and advanced piezoelectric crystal and single-crystal transducer technology.
DUTIES: Medical equipment service technician
COMPENSATION: $48K~55K, DOE
- Full medical, dental, vision effective after 30 days of employment
- 25 days of PTO (13 days’ vacation + 12 days sick leave)
- Evaluate incoming systems for repair and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and repair system returns with minimal supervision.
- Document all problems and resolution in a database.
- Manage, maintain, and document service and sales parts inventory.
- Test and verify system operations on new systems.
- Shipment preparation for new and service systems.
- Experience in using electronic testing equipment (DVM, etc) for troubleshooting AC-DC circuits.
- Ability to perform critical thinking, logical troubleshooting, and have mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Personal Computers.
- Networking or DICOM experience a plus.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as a team player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- AS or BS in Electronic Technology or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as an electronics technician
To apply: send resume to Gene Kim at Alpinion: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oregon Biomedical Association has jobs listed !
Job seekers in Oregon are certainly welcome to check the WSBA’s listings.
Jobs on the OBA site are at: http://orbmet.org/jobs-opportunities