WSBA JOB LISTINGS
To place an ad, e-mail the details to: WSBAJobs@bmet.org
Essentials: - Title of Position
- City, or general area
- A Job Description (Keep your information reasonably brief)
- Contact information: your e-mail or a website
Please advise the webmaster by e-mail when the position is no longer available.
(Listings over 60 days old will be removed unless we hear from you.)
Last updated: 3 February 2021
Posted here: 3 Feb, 2021
Company: GE Healthcare USA
Location: Lewiston, ID
Job ID: R3553759
Job Description Summary
As a Biomedical Technician I, operating out of Lewiston, Idaho, you will be responsible for responding to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, and perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on customer's basic biomedical equipment. You'll also be responsible for driving customer satisfaction through service excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs, and as assigned, perform PM and safety/environmental inspections.
May assist more experienced technicians on basic and more complex repairs/resolution.
Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to strong customer relations and ongoing customer satisfaction.
Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the assigned area.
When trained, able to share on-call responsibility.
Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule.
Ensure proper care of spares, tools, and test equipment, and ensure calibration.
Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
Understand and utilize sources of help (i.e., manuals, tech support, Facetime app, online resources) to answer questions when performing PM.
Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
Associates or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field; OR equivalent military education; OR participant in the formal GEHC Biomed/FE Services Internship or Military Externship program; OR High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical, electronics, IT or mechanical equipment.
Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary. Quality-Specific Goals:
Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines. • Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
Ensure all work orders, vendor service reports, time and expense reports, PM activities, purchase orders, and other duties are documented in an accurate and timely manner.
Ensure all test equipment is tracked and 100% calibrated on time.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
For More Details, Learn more at apply at:
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Seattle)
Posted here: 27 January 2020
Company: Philips Healthcare
Support Philips Healthcare as a Biomedical Equipment Technician in the Seattle area (primarily at Seattle Kindred and PAC MED) where you will be responsible for customer relationship management through the effective use of technical knowledge to service and maintain biomedical equipment. This is accomplished through individual efforts and the efforts of the site service team.
You are responsible for:
· Identification and resolution of customer issues, providing the customer with the appropriate communication and involving appropriate site service personnel. The BMET must demonstrate ownership in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about delivering results, ability to establish the priorities of the moment by assessing the priorities communicated by the Site Manager, the Site Team, or the customer….
· Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change. Adapt to varying needs and requirements of the customer and the business. Implements best practices….
· Operate under the required knowledge of regulatory requirements, performance standards, Philips policies, customer policies, and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.)….
· Possess high degree of biomedical technical proficiency and be comfortable with a certain degree of ambiguity…
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
· Associate’s degree or equivalent training/experience in electronics or Biomedical Engineering and/or CBET certification
· Minimum 3 years servicing medical equipment; patient monitoring, blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, sterilizers, ventilators, anesthesia, and/or infusion pump experience highly preferred.
· Experience with mechanical devices and tools and test equipment. Must possess demonstrated skills in using an oscilloscope, digital multimeter, etc.
· Fundamentals of Dicom & Networking desirable….
To learn more and apply, go to
Swedish Medical Center currently has six openings:
Posted here: Jan 25. 2020
> Biomedical Equipment Technician, Non-Certified
Three openings: Job ID #s 279257, 277453, 271464
> Biomedical Equipment Technician, Certified
Job ID # 279258
> Senior Biomedical Equipment Technician, Certified
Job ID # 277444
> Supervisor, Clinical Engineering
Job ID # 276799
Location: Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Campus
For further information and to apply, go to https://swedish.jobs/jobs/?q=Biomedical
Biomedical Equipment Tech 2- Ventilator Specialty
Posted Here: 21 January 2020
Location: St. Luke’s Health System, Meridian, ID
Job ID # 2020-34095
Position Summary -
The Biomedical Equipment Technician 2, under moderate supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment, instrumentation, and support systems used in healthcare delivery.
Education: Associate's degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Department of Defense (DOD) Certification or 2 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
Learn more and apply at:
Biomedical Equipment Technician III
Posted here: 21 January 2020
Employer: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Location: based in Fairbanks, AK
Job # IRC 38447
Job Summary: Performs equipment maintenance and repairs on complex therapeutic/diagnostic/ patient care equipment. Technician will also complete pre-purchase evaluation, inventory control, in-service of clinical equipment, and thorough documentation of services as well as participate in electrical and fire safety. They are to perform these tasks in a manner, which is consistent with the values and mission of Tanana Chiefs Conference, Inc., Health Services.
Representative Duties: Under the general supervision of the Biomedical Equipment Support Director, job incumbent will:
· Perform maintenance and repair functions of medical and dental equipment at TCC health facilities. Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment utilizing standard and specialized test equipment. Repairs, rebuilds, inspects, and maintains a complete range of medical, surgical and dental equipment involved in a wide variety of electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and optical systems, devices, and components.
· Develop and maintain medical/dental equipment database necessary to plan for scheduled maintenance and for tracking warranties, contracts, and repairs.
· Inspect and test new and existing equipment for function according to calibration standards unique to each piece of equipment.
· Perform emergency repairs, including village clinic repairs, as demand warrants.
· Provide individualized training for users of new dental/biomedical equipment as needed.
· Complete electrical safety and performance inspections of clinic patient care equipment to assure proper operation and operator safety.
· Assist in maintaining emergency medical/dental equipment loan program to replace equipment while repairs or replacements are completed.
· Occasionally handles and/or coordinates disposal of hazardous materials and blood-borne pathogens, according to standard TCC protocols.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Must be able to analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot all biomedical and dental equipment in the inventory.
· Must have ability to train others and make in-service presentations for equipment operators and orient clinical staff to specific biomedical instruments.
· Must be able to travel to rural Alaska.
· Specialized training on how to repair X-Ray machines such as an RSTI course.
· Specialized training for repair of diagnostic Ultrasound machines.
· Specialized training for repair of A-Dec dental equipment.
Learn more and apply at: https://www.tananachiefs.org/careers/
Medical Equipment Technician
Posted here: 15 January 2020
Location: Kent, WA (Seattle District)
Job ID: JR 18755
The Medical Equipment Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned general biomedical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers’ needs. The Medical Equipment Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance, corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner. The Medical Equipment Technician works under the guidance of a qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician or supervisor.
To learn more, go to www.agilitihealth.com/careers/technician/#workday-open-positions
Biomedical Technician Apprentice
Posted here: 9 January 2021
Job ID # R3540127
For a complete description and to apply, go to
Field Engineer Apprentice
Posted here: 9 January, 2020
Job ID #: R3540134
For complete description and to apply, go to
Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician
Posted here: 1/6/2021
Location: Anchorage, AK
Two Openings: Full Time (Track Code 20201933) and Part Time (Track Code 20201934)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, installs, tests, repairs, calibrates and maintains medical equipment in healthcare and other facilities supported by Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium.
Installs, tests, repairs, calibrates and maintains medical equipment. Investigates equipment failures; performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems; identifies, locates, resolves, and repairs equipment and devices. Investigates intermittent problems; maintains accurate service records and documents actions taken; updates database of equipment identification, location, status, reliability, and service documentation….
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
Knowledge of medical electronics equipment hardware and software systems and communications devices.
Knowledge of electronic equipment functions, repair procedures, codes and standards.
Knowledge of computer networks and telecommunications equipment infrastructure.
Knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and OSHA rules and regulations.
Skill in assessing, analyzing, identifying and implementing solutions to technical problems.
Skill in reading technical diagrams and manuals.
Skill in using the techniques, tools and test equipment for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of electronic equipment.
Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
An Associate’s Degree in applied sciences, electronics, or similar discipline. Progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-supervisory – Three (3) years of medical instrumentation repair and/or maintenance experience including at least two with specialized imaging equipment such as ultrasound, MR CT, or x-ray. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION
All other certifications as required for specific work area.
May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule. May be called out to work off-shift in emergency situations. Requires occasional travel to remote locations by boat, snowmobile, ATV or small plane. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions….
To learn more or apply, go to
Posted here: 17 December, 2020
Location: Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Sunnyside, WA
Req # 4927
Implement, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for all biomedical equipment at Sunnyside Hospital & Clinics and any other entity the hospital is contracted to support. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment within the hospital’s responsibility. Collaborate with the Information Systems and Plant Services departments as needed to support organizational goals as related to patient care and equipment. Evaluate products and systems for possible use in any facility within the hospital’s responsibility. Maintain up to date documentation and work orders for all work performed. Generate invoices for outside customers as required.
· At least two years of biomedical experience in a hospital or similar setting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Excellent analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
· Basic electrical, electronic, and computer skills necessary for implementing and repairing modern biomedical equipment.
· Good listening skills.
To learn more and apply, go to: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/#/job/2724
Biomedical Technician, Part Time
Posted here: 12/14/2020
Novasyte / IQVIA
ID #: R1168681
Location: Seattle, WA
Biomedical Technicians will repair, maintain, install and relocate medical diagnostic equipment in the point of care, and clinical laboratory environment. Utilize technical knowledge of diagnostic systems to resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Handle and/or participate in a team that resolves customers' problems and issues.
Provide field technical work on medical diagnostic equipment which may be inclusive but not limited to repairs, installations, and relocation of equipment
Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned
The position requires maintaining credentials through companies such as Vendormate and Reptrax
• Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School (Electronics)
• 3-5+ years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, and installation of medical diagnostic equipment used in a laboratory setting.
• Electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, and fluidic aptitude required.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes as required, and reviewing technical bulletins
Learn more and apply at:
BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1
Posted here: 11 December 2020
Location: University of Washington, Scientific Instruments, Montlake Campus, Seattle
SI provides services that support patient care, laboratory and research equipment for University, state, federal and other publicly funded agencies. Services include technology management, regulatory compliance, preventive maintenance, routine or emergency repairs, and design and prototype development. SI is a self-sustaining unit. Major customers include UW Medical Center, Laboratory Medicine, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, UW Physicians Neighborhood Clinics, Harborview Medical Center and NW Hospital.
The BMET 1 will perform entry-level Biomedical Electronics work such as troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, installing, testing and calibrating a variety of analog, digital and electromechanical instruments used in healthcare, clinical laboratories and medical research.
To learn more and apply: go to
BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1
Posted here: 11 December 2020
Req # 185199
Location: University of Washington, Operations & Maintenance, Montlake Campus, Seattle
The UWMC Montlake Campus Operations & Maintenance Department is seeking a BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1 (BMET1) to join our Bed Shop team. We are seeking a candidate who is an excellent team player with a robust eagerness to learn new skills and provide world class customer service to patients and staff. Primary duties will include performing preventative and corrective maintenance on the following equipment types:
•Patient Beds (Medical Surgical, ICU, L&D)
•Stretchers (transport, procedural, radiology, specialty, etc.)
•Ceiling mounted Patient Lift systems (need to be able to lift 50 pound weights for annual re-certification testing)
•Exam and Procedure Tables and Chairs
•Transport and Wheel Chairs
•Nurse Call adaptive switches
•Over Bed Tables
•Medical Air CO monitoring system
To learn more and apply: go to
Biomedical Service Specialist- Equipment Technician
DaVita Kidney Care
Posted here: 28 November 2020
Two Locations: Portland, OR and Salem, OR
Job ID, Portland: R0142619
Job ID, Salem: R0142775
((((Willing to train however, seeking skilled backgrounds in electronics and diagnostic repairs etc.…))))
This position requires "on-call" hour requirement when needed (typically once every 4 weeks)
This will cover our Portland and Salem areas – acute settings will be included
High School Diploma or GED required – will be verified during on-boarding
· A high school diploma – Did you graduate from high school? Great! Did you graduate from a trade school/college biomed or electronics technology program? Even better! That type of education would support you well in this position.
· A skilled electro-mechanical equipment technician – The best candidates will have performed this type of work at some point in the past, or have a demonstrated aptitude for it.
· Great communications skills – DaVita teammates (this is what we call our employees) communicate openly, honestly and frequently with each other. You’ll need to be a master at this.
· Solid computer skills – Our teammates regularly use MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook), the internet, and DaVita-specific applications to perform their work. We’ll train you on the DaVita tools, but you’ll need to come into the job with solid internet navigation and MS Office skills.
· A valid driver’s license – Our Biomed Techs typically need to drive their own automobiles to get from one clinic to another. You’ll need a valid driver’s license within the state you are applying for work, as well as valid automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record.
· Available for on-call rotations – We’re a healthcare provider, and sometimes our clinics and patients have needs late at night, on the weekends, and even during the wee hours of the morning. As a Biomed team, we are committed to meeting those needs, no matter what time the request comes in. We’ll ask you to share in this commitment by taking an on-call rotation once in a while.
· Close proximity – Our biomed technicians should reside fairly close to the clinics located in this area, so they can provide adequate emergency response coverage.
Biomed Video Clip: https://vimeo.com/user13916073/review/264639084/515e9afae9
Learn more and apply for Portland, go to:
Learn more and apply for Salem go to:
Job seekers in Oregon are welcome to check the WSBA’s listings.
Jobs on the OBA site are at: https://www.orbmet.org/employment.html
TechNation now has a national resource for HTM job opportunities !
While the WSBA jobs page focuses on openings in the Pacific Northwest,
HTMJobs lists positions across the country. Take a look!
Go to: https://htmjobs.com