WSBA JOB LISTINGS
To place an ad, e-mail the details to: WSBAJobs@bmet.org
Essentials: - Title of Position
- City, or general area
- A Job Description (Keep your information reasonably brief)
- Contact information: your e-mail or a website
Please advise the webmaster by e-mail when the position is no longer available.
(Listings over 90 days old will be removed unless we hear from you.)
Last updated: 16 October 2018
Biomed Imaging Repair Technician-II
Posted here: 16 October 2018
Location: Bremerton, WA
Requisition ID: 2018-R0177708
Shift: Full Time, Days
Healthcare isn’t just for doctors and nurses. Are you eager to use your specialized Biomedical & Imaging Repair skills to make a difference in healthcare? Then you’re in the right place. Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join our in-house Clinical Engineering team in one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much passion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities and make a difference in healthcare. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Relationships: Who will I work with?
As a Field Service Imaging Technician-II, you will join our in-house Clinical Engineering team comprised of multiple levels of Biomeds and Field Service Engineers, led by a nation-wide network of Managers, Directors, and VP’s. You will also partner with some of our nation’s top clinical talent at the local hospital to ensure the best patient care. And, let’s not forget the most important relationship of all…our patients.
Impact: Why does this role matter?
This role matters because you will have a direct impact on patient care and satisfaction by ensuring all diagnostic imaging equipment (radiology, nuclear, ultrasound, mammography, etc.) and biomedical equipment is functioning perfectly. Providing repair and maintenance primarily on general imaging equipment, and general biomed equipment secondarily, in our hospitals keeps the equipment functioning optimally so that our clinical and direct patient care teams can provide the best patient care possible.
You can make the biggest impact by meeting these requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in a related field required
- CRES preferred
- Minimum of five years of related experience servicing medical imaging equipment
- Reliable transportation required
Growth: Is growth provided?
Yes, absolutely! Our teams are structured in a way that promote expansion of knowledge as well as upward mobility. As a high performing team member, you will have the opportunity to obtain specialty certifications, and work alongside our senior staff to grow your career within CHI, because together we’re better.
To Apply for this or other Biomed openings, go to
Biomed Equipment Tech II
Posted here: 4 October
Location: Kirkland, WA
Requisition ID: 1192
Renovo Solutions LLC is dedicated to providing integrated and innovative systems and services, which offer responsive Solutions to the evolving needs of the medical equipment community. RENOVO is committed to fostering a supportive work environment, encouraging employees to achieve their potential in ways that serve the needs of our customers, suppliers, and each other.
Biomedical Equipment Technician II Summary:
A BMET II performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general and/or specialized medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties. The BMET II must demonstrate a working knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with established Renovo procedures. The BMET II must demonstrate good organizational skills as well as good communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with Renovo personnel and facility staff in accordance with established operational and personnel policies and procedures.Successful candidates will have:
· Associate's degree in Biomedical Engineering or related field or military training in biomedical equipment
· 2-3 years experience as a Biomedical Equipment Technician BMET
· Experience in repair and preventative maintenance of medical device
· Excellent communication and writing skills
For more information, visit www.renovo1.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Biomed Equipment Tech III
Posted here: 4 October
Location: Kirkland, WA
Requisition ID : 1193
Renovo Solutions LLCis dedicated to providing integrated and innovative systems and services, which offer responsive Solutions to the evolving needs of the medical equipment community. RENOVO is committed to fostering a supportive work environment, encouraging employees to achieve their potential in ways that serve the needs of our customers, suppliers, and each other.
At RENOVO, we value knowledge, reliability, and integrity in our employees. If you are interested in being a part of a team that is committed to making a difference in healthcare equipment maintenance and healthcare asset and technology management, we invite you to apply for one of the open positions. We are always looking for talented, passionate, hard-working people to join our team. Our employees are not afraid to speak their mind, to try new things, and to wear multiple hats. Our people are empowered to help our customers. We foster teamwork and cooperation, and always promote a “customer first” philosophy. We uphold this standard with our associates, clients, partners, and the communities in which we do business. We live by our company’s Five Guiding Principles, which we have termed TRUST:
· Treat each other with care, kindness and respect.
· Respect our associates’ responsibility of putting family first.
· Uphold the highest standards of excellence in all we do.
· Share our success with our associates, clients, partners and community.
· Treasure our people and promote from within.
Biomedical Equipment Technician III (BMET III) performs and documents preventive maintenance and repair of general, specialized and/or high-tech medical equipment and systems with minimal supervision from service management to perform required duties which may include the maintenance of documentation systems and reporting of information essential to Renovo and facility medical equipment maintenance reporting systems. The BMET III must demonstrate excellent knowledge and use of required test equipment and the electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively utilize service manuals, schematics and other applicable service information, required to perform and document preventive maintenance and repair of medical equipment and systems, as assigned, in accordance with established Renovo procedures. The BMET III must demonstrate excellent organizational skills as well as excellent communications, interpersonal and customer relations skills as applied to interactions with Renovo personnel and facility staff in accordance with established operational and personnel policies and procedures.
Be able to independently perform complex troubleshooting and repairs on designated modality, while working within the established procedure. The BMET III must technically supervise and instruct technicians on the proper methods and techniques to perform installations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and repair troubleshooting on their designated modality and secondary modality. Plus have the ability to transfer a particular level of knowledge and experience to all field service personnel to resolve technical problems.
· Proper use of all standard test equipment:
· multimeter e. line resistance meter
· oscilloscope f. photometer
· dosemeter g. KV divider
· AC line analyzer h. service terminal
· Be able to read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blue prints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
· Instruct customers and staff in applications and operations of the equipment.
· Exercise good system troubleshooting skills.
· Perform and be available for after hours service, also available for emergency calls on weekends.
· May be required to participate in shift scheduling.
· Perform manufacturer-mandated equipment modifications and satisfactorily complete the required paperwork.
· Be able to perform all system service diagnostics on applicable products.
· Must have the ability to work outside their designated or secondary modality to solve technical problems.
· Minimum of an Associate Degree in Electronics or Biomedical. Military training OK.
· Minimum of 5 years experience of troubleshooting and servicing medical devices.
· Minimum of 1 year service management or equivalent experience required.
· Exceptional organizational skills required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
· Any specialized Biomedical Device training is a plus.
· Must be able to use electronic test equipment and tools.
· Must be able to work unsupervised.
For more information, visit www.renovo1.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Biomed Tech I
Posted here: 20 Sept 2018
Location: Lincoln City, OR
Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital is currently recruiting a Biomed Tech I who will be responsible for the installation, calibration, testing, inspection, inventory assessment, preventative maintenance and repair of biomedical equipment throughout assigned facilities.
Located just two hours from the bustling city of Portland, Lincoln City is ideally situated along seven miles of sandy beach. Residents enjoy a moderate climate with cool winters and warm summers with low humidity. Lincoln City has more than 7,000 friendly residents, but during the summer months the population can easily swell to more than 30,000 as visitors from all over the world enjoy the beaches, forests, rivers and Devil’s Lake.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• One (1) of the following required: a) Associate’s degree with successful completion of an internship in biomed or electronics. b) Military training in electronics or biomed equipment and six (6) months experience. c) Equivalent combination of education and experience to any of the options above.
• Successful completion of Drivers Privileges for SHS Vehicles application process required.
Full time • Day shift
Samaritan Health Services offers an exceptional benefits package!
To apply online for this position, or for additional information about employment opportunities with Samaritan Health Services, please visit our website at: http://www.samhealth.org/employment
Lead Certified Biomedical Tech
Posted Here: 14 Sept 2018
Location: Renton, WA
Job Number: 726438
Original post: 08/13/2018
Description: Under the general supervision of the Area Clinical Technology Manager, functions in Lead capacity to, coordinate, assign, schedule, and perform work pertaining to planning, design, installation, maintenance, networking, security and decommissioning of medical equipment. Performs work quality assessment and staff training.
· Directly performs, or schedules with outside service vendors, the performance assessment and planned maintenance on a variety of equipment per established procedures.
· Analyzes malfunctions and performs or coordinates repairs and remediation of safety and recall work on a variety of medical equipment systems.
· Performs or coordinates assembly and installation, required safety inspection, and performance assurance on new medical equipment. Assess medical equipment and systems for compliance with HIPAA storage and security policies and creates periodic maintenance instructions.
· Advises on specifications for purchases on new equipment and recommends replacement of obsolete or irreparable equipment. Provides new product evaluation as requested.
· Performs or coordinates the decommissioning of medical equipment per established policies.
· Performs investigative evaluation of medical equipment involved in patient and employee incidents / accidents; documents findings and reports as required.
· Education - Develops and implements a plan for professional growth. Remains current with advancing technology, including Kaiser provided training as required to perform duties. Coordinates department in-service for new employees, assists in performing regulatory and job specific training to the work group, and recommends training for service engineers. Assists, as required, with clinical staff in-service education. Cross train new employees on use of test equipment, department procedure, and medical system support.
· Minimum five (5) years of experience servicing medical equipment.
· AAS degree in Biomedical Equipment Service Technology or Electronic Service Technology or Computer Service Technology from an accredited program OR military training in Biomedical Equipment training or Electronic Systems Support.
License, Certification, Registration:
· Must have one of the following current AAMI Certifications: CBET or CRES
· Driver's License
· Proficient in the use of testing instruments, devices, simulators, and tools associated with servicing electronic equipment
· Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
· Reading, writing, and fluently speaking and, understanding English
· Knowledge and skill using Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
· Computer networking certification
· Background servicing medical equipment with emphasis on multi manufacturer experience and years of service.
· Experience servicing computer client-server systems
· CLES certification
BIO-MEDICAL EQUIPMENT TECH
Posted here: 12 Sept 2018
Pacific Vascular, Inc. is in need of a full time bio-medical equipment technician. We are employee owned. Our salaries are competitive and we offer a generous benefits package, which includes company stock. Our headquarters is located in Bothell, WA and we have over 20 independent diagnostic testing facilities throughout Washington State.
We are looking for a team player with a valid state driver’s license and a good driving record that possesses effective verbal and written communication skills, good work ethic and reliability.
A Bio-Medical Equipment Technician provides general repairs, calibrations and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in vascular ultrasound. Provides general facility system inspections, calibrations and preventive maintenance. Ensures all processing, recovery, quality assurance and research and development equipment is maintained in operational condition. Assists in the efficient operation of the facility and its systems.
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Ability to perform critical thinking, logical troubleshooting, and have mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Personal Computers
- Knowledge of computer networking and network security methods
- Knowledge of clinical applications of most common medical equipment
- Ability to identify and understand the basic operating principles of standard analog and digital electronic circuits and
- Ability to read electrical and electronic circuit diagrams
- Knowledge of tools/machinery-woodshop, metal shop and plastics to fabricate an array of misc. mechanical/electronic items that
may be needed
- Must have a strong knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Physically able to lift, carry, push, or pull, up to 50 lbs. and as required; sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and reach
above shoulders, perform fine motor functions and possess functional vision, hearing and speech
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AS or BS in Electronic Technology or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience as a bio-medical tech preferred
Hours: Full time, 40 hours a week, Mon.-Fri., shift hours vary
To Apply: Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ultrasound Equipment Service Technician
Posted here: 9 Sept 2018
Location: Bothell, WA
Alpinion Medical Systems believes that technology is only meaningful when it delivers value to health care providers. Guided by this philosophy Alpinion focuses on the development and production of ultrasound, including diagnostic ultrasound, therapeutic HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound), and advanced piezoelectric crystal and single-crystal transducer technology.
DUTIES: Medical equipment service technician
COMPENSATION: $48K~55K, DOE
- Full medical, dental, vision effective after 30 days of employment
- 25 days of PTO (13 days’ vacation + 12 days sick leave)
- Evaluate incoming systems for repair and resolution.
- Troubleshoot and repair system returns with minimal supervision.
- Document all problems and resolution in a database.
- Manage, maintain, and document service and sales parts inventory.
- Test and verify system operations on new systems.
- Shipment preparation for new and service systems.
- Experience in using electronic testing equipment (DVM, etc) for troubleshooting AC-DC circuits.
- Ability to perform critical thinking, logical troubleshooting, and have mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Personal Computers.
- Networking or DICOM experience a plus.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work as a team player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- AS or BS in Electronic Technology or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as an electronics technician
To apply: send resume to Gene Kim at Alpinion: email@example.com
Biomedical Network Engineer
Posted Here: 18 July 2018
Location: Catholic Health Initiatives, Tacoma, WA, US
The Biomedical Network Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and diagnostic equipment.
Job: Professional Non-Clinical
Daily Schedule: Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period: 80
Weekends Required: Occasional
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Quality Assurance Complaint Specialist
Posted here: 18 July 2018
Location: Natus Medical Incorporated, Seattle, WA
SUMMARY: If solving problems, and working with technical issues are skills you have and enjoy being successful at, then we want to talk with you. In this role, you will coordinate investigation initiation, coordinate review and follow-up, closure, and trend analysis on complaint data. You will make medical device reporting decisions and report Adverse Events to both US and International agencies. While the main duties reside at the Seattle facility, there may also be If the opportunity to reside at the Bothell facility as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· On a daily basis, reviews and processes assigned complaint records related to product quality and patient safety.
· Reviews complaints for possible Adverse Events/MDRs and makes regulatory reporting decisions. Prepares and submits Adverse Events/MDRs to regulatory agencies in a timely manner to meet regulatory deadlines.
· Conducts and coordinates complaint investigations and the input of information documenting same into the complaint tracking system.
· Review technical service calls to determine appropriate classification.
· Work with Factory Service/Engineering to coordinate failure analysis on customer returned product.
· Ensures complaint files are investigated, complete and closed in a timely manner.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Assists with gathering, compiling and analyzing complaint trend data. Participates in complaint review board meetings.
· Perform other quality assurance and quality control functions as necessary, with appropriate training.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to resolve complex systems problems and identify solutions to obstacles encountered while resolving problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification by ASQ or (RAC) is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a keyboard and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Natus Medical is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
To Apply: go to http://www.natus.com/index.cfm?page=careers&crid=14
Field Service Engineer 1
Posted here: 7/16/2018
Original Posting: 7/10/2018
Job ID: 57372
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Field Engineer I performs on time and accurate Preventative Maintenance in one or more modalities of equipment. The FE1 is aware of and follows all Field Modification Instructions and/or Instrument Service Information bulletins. Works with experienced Field Engineers, both onsite and remotely, to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
1. Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance, FMIs and/or ISIs. Assist more experienced field engineers with equipment installation.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
To Apply: go to https://jobs.gecareers.com/ShowJob/Id/57372/Field-Engineer/
BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN ENDOSCOPY COORDINATOR
Req #: 158212
Dept: HEALTH SCIENCES ACADEMIC SERVICES & FACILITIES
Closes On: 07/27/2018
Salary: $4,488 - $6,422
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
Health Sciences Academic Services & Facilities: Scientific Instruments has an outstanding opportunity for a Biomedical Technician Endoscopy Coordinator. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
Under direct supervision of the BMET Supervisor or designee, the Biomedical Technician Endoscopy Coordinator will perform duties such as: managing equipment sent for repair and loaned equipment; verification of functionality, basic troubleshooting, regular interaction with and utilization of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS); creating and completing purchase requests; and transporting supplies.
• Respond to service calls from departments.
• Inspect endoscopes for damage, malfunction or foreign materials.
• Coordinate vendor repairs of damaged endoscopes.
• Inspect devices when returned from vendors.
• Document actions taken and cost of services so they can be recharged to customer.
• Perform preventive maintenance (PM) inspections as scheduled or when requested.
• Train hospital staff on proper processing and handling methods.
• Serve as a liaison between the surgical services staff, outside sources, and processing room staff to communicate status of requests for instruments and equipment.
• Manage the lifecycle of equipment, including rounding in department areas, verifying correct documentation and repair charges, ordering needed equipment, and discontinuing unneeded equipment
• Drive University vehicles to off premise location to inspect endoscopes, pickup broken endoscopes or return repaired endoscopes to service.
• Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, test and calibrate basic clinical, laboratory and medical research equipment. Review and standardize Medical Equipment Inventory records.
• Resolve order discrepancies while adhering to department policy and procedure
• Review and update Preventative Maintenance records and procedures.
• Clean up Database records.
• Collect, catalog and archive service materials.
• Inventory and/or reorganize shop stock of repair parts and supplies.
• Contact medical device manufactures to obtain copies of service materials.
• Compare manufacturer’s requirements with current practices and bring discrepancies to the attention of Senior BMETs and/or Supervisor for correction.
• Implement changes to policies or procedures as directed by leadership.
• Enter and/or edit records in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Standardize terminology for equipment description and device types in CMMS and other records.
• Cultivate positive working relationships with coworkers, management, customers, manufacturers, vendors and the general public.
• Work independently and as a committed team member.
• Model excellence in customer service.
• Actively support the mission of Scientific Instruments and the University.
• Set an example of professional appearance and demeanor.
• Maintain accurate and timely documentation.
• Effectively manage time, tools and resources.
• Maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
• Meet personal productivity and billing goals.
• Continuously develop technical and professional skills by active participation in professional associations and by taking relevant training courses.
• Actively participate in departmental quality and process improvement activities.
Demonstrate the following communication skills:
• Proficiently read, write, understand and communicate in English commensurate with
duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Follow written and verbal instructions and procedures.
• Present a polite, professional image of the department to both internal and external customers.
Demonstrate basic computer literacy including ability to use:
• Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, OneDrive and Outlook
• Voicemail & email
• Internet Browsers & search engines.
An Associate's Degree in Biomedical Technology OR Equivalent education/experience OR Certification by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) as a candidate. Equivalent education/experience can substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Conditions of Employment:
• Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM – may include occasional overtime, weekend or shifted hours as dictated by customer’s needs.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, with 2 years' history
• FBI Background Check clearance is required
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office
at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: go to
The Oregon Biomedical Association has jobs listed !
Job seekers in Oregon are certainly welcome to check the WSBA’s listings.
Jobs on the OBA site are at: http://orbmet.org/jobs-opportunities