WSBA JOB LISTINGS
To place an ad, e-mail the details to: WSBAJobs@bmet.org
Essentials: - Title of Position
- City, or general area
- A Job Description (Keep your information reasonably brief)
- Contact information: your e-mail or a website
Please advise the webmaster by e-mail when the position is no longer available.
(Listings over 90 days old will be removed unless we hear from you.)
Last updated: 21 January 2021
Biomedical Equipment Tech 2- Ventilator Specialty
Posted Here: 21 January 2020
Location: St. Luke’s Health System, Meridian, ID
Job ID # 2020-34095
Position Summary -
The Biomedical Equipment Technician 2, under moderate supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain medical equipment, instrumentation, and support systems used in healthcare delivery.
Education: Associate's degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Department of Defense (DOD) Certification or 2 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
Learn more and apply at:
Biomedical Equipment Technician III
Posted here: 21 January 2020
Employer: Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Location: based in Fairbanks, AK
Job # IRC 38447
Job Summary: Performs equipment maintenance and repairs on complex therapeutic/diagnostic/ patient care equipment. Technician will also complete pre-purchase evaluation, inventory control, in-service of clinical equipment, and thorough documentation of services as well as participate in electrical and fire safety. They are to perform these tasks in a manner, which is consistent with the values and mission of Tanana Chiefs Conference, Inc., Health Services.
Representative Duties: Under the general supervision of the Biomedical Equipment Support Director, job incumbent will:
· Perform maintenance and repair functions of medical and dental equipment at TCC health facilities. Diagnoses malfunctioning equipment utilizing standard and specialized test equipment. Repairs, rebuilds, inspects, and maintains a complete range of medical, surgical and dental equipment involved in a wide variety of electronic, hydraulic, mechanical and optical systems, devices, and components.
· Develop and maintain medical/dental equipment database necessary to plan for scheduled maintenance and for tracking warranties, contracts, and repairs.
· Inspect and test new and existing equipment for function according to calibration standards unique to each piece of equipment.
· Perform emergency repairs, including village clinic repairs, as demand warrants.
· Provide individualized training for users of new dental/biomedical equipment as needed.
· Complete electrical safety and performance inspections of clinic patient care equipment to assure proper operation and operator safety.
· Assist in maintaining emergency medical/dental equipment loan program to replace equipment while repairs or replacements are completed.
· Occasionally handles and/or coordinates disposal of hazardous materials and blood-borne pathogens, according to standard TCC protocols.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
· Must be able to analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot all biomedical and dental equipment in the inventory.
· Must have ability to train others and make in-service presentations for equipment operators and orient clinical staff to specific biomedical instruments.
· Must be able to travel to rural Alaska.
· Specialized training on how to repair X-Ray machines such as an RSTI course.
· Specialized training for repair of diagnostic Ultrasound machines.
· Specialized training for repair of A-Dec dental equipment.
Learn more and apply at: https://www.tananachiefs.org/careers/
Medical Equipment Technician
Posted here: 15 January 2020
Location: Kent, WA (Seattle District)
Job ID: JR 18755
The Medical Equipment Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on company and customer-owned general biomedical equipment to assure it is functioning properly and meets customers’ needs. The Medical Equipment Technician performs operational verification, preventive maintenance, corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner. The Medical Equipment Technician works under the guidance of a qualified Biomedical Equipment Technician or supervisor.
To learn more, go to www.agilitihealth.com/careers/technician/#workday-open-positions
Biomedical Technician Apprentice
Posted here: 9 January 2021
Job ID # R3540127
For a complete description and to apply, go to
Field Engineer Apprentice
Posted here: 9 January, 2020
Job ID #: R3540134
For complete description and to apply, go to
Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician
Posted here: 1/6/2021
Location: Anchorage, AK
Two Openings: Full Time (Track Code 20201933) and Part Time (Track Code 20201934)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, installs, tests, repairs, calibrates and maintains medical equipment in healthcare and other facilities supported by Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium.
Installs, tests, repairs, calibrates and maintains medical equipment. Investigates equipment failures; performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems; identifies, locates, resolves, and repairs equipment and devices. Investigates intermittent problems; maintains accurate service records and documents actions taken; updates database of equipment identification, location, status, reliability, and service documentation….
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
Knowledge of medical electronics equipment hardware and software systems and communications devices.
Knowledge of electronic equipment functions, repair procedures, codes and standards.
Knowledge of computer networks and telecommunications equipment infrastructure.
Knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and OSHA rules and regulations.
Skill in assessing, analyzing, identifying and implementing solutions to technical problems.
Skill in reading technical diagrams and manuals.
Skill in using the techniques, tools and test equipment for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of electronic equipment.
Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
An Associate’s Degree in applied sciences, electronics, or similar discipline. Progressively responsible professional/exempt work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-supervisory – Three (3) years of medical instrumentation repair and/or maintenance experience including at least two with specialized imaging equipment such as ultrasound, MR CT, or x-ray. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION
All other certifications as required for specific work area.
May be required to work outside the traditional work schedule. May be called out to work off-shift in emergency situations. Requires occasional travel to remote locations by boat, snowmobile, ATV or small plane. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions….
To learn more or apply, go to
Biomedical Equipment Technician Non-Certified
Posted here: Jan 5, 2021
Location: Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Campus, Seattle
Req ID #s: 279257, 277453, 271464, and 260493
An entry-mid level Clinical Engineering Technician position. Operates specialized test equipment, reads schematics, and technical manuals. Will assemble and disassemble moderately complex electronic and Electro-mechanical devices. Performs troubleshooting to board level or component level depending on the circumstance. Performs preventive maintenance, repairs, and safety testing of medical equipment. Receives general instruction and is able to perform tasks in designated assigned area of service. Documents all work in accordance with departmental policies. Will be working in a variety of clinical environments often with frequent interruptions.
In this position you will:
· Perform major and minor repairs on equipment as assigned.
· Apply good problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
· Perform incoming inspections, cleaning, unscheduled maintenance, and calibration.
· Perform and complete preventive maintenance assignments in accordance to the Medical Equipment Management Plan.
· Inspect preventive maintenance stickers in assigned areas. If outdated PM stickers are located equipment must be inspected and returned to service promptly.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Associate's Degree in Electronic Technology from an accredited program -or- equivalent education or experience
· Must be eligible for AAMI/BMET certification
To learn more and apply, go to
Posted here: 17 December, 2020
Location: Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Sunnyside, WA
Req # 4927
Implement, maintain, repair, and provide technical support for all biomedical equipment at Sunnyside Hospital & Clinics and any other entity the hospital is contracted to support. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment within the hospital’s responsibility. Collaborate with the Information Systems and Plant Services departments as needed to support organizational goals as related to patient care and equipment. Evaluate products and systems for possible use in any facility within the hospital’s responsibility. Maintain up to date documentation and work orders for all work performed. Generate invoices for outside customers as required.
· At least two years of biomedical experience in a hospital or similar setting.
· Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience
· Excellent analytical, communication, and problem solving skills.
· Basic electrical, electronic, and computer skills necessary for implementing and repairing modern biomedical equipment.
· Good listening skills.
To learn more and apply, go to: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/sunnyside/#/job/2724
Biomedical Technician, Part Time
Posted here: 12/14/2020
Novasyte / IQVIA
ID #: R1168681
Location: Seattle, WA
Biomedical Technicians will repair, maintain, install and relocate medical diagnostic equipment in the point of care, and clinical laboratory environment. Utilize technical knowledge of diagnostic systems to resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Handle and/or participate in a team that resolves customers' problems and issues.
Provide field technical work on medical diagnostic equipment which may be inclusive but not limited to repairs, installations, and relocation of equipment
Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned
The position requires maintaining credentials through companies such as Vendormate and Reptrax
• Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School (Electronics)
• 3-5+ years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, and installation of medical diagnostic equipment used in a laboratory setting.
• Electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, and fluidic aptitude required.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational classes as required, and reviewing technical bulletins
Learn more and apply at:
BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1
Posted here: 11 December 2020
Location: University of Washington, Scientific Instruments, Montlake Campus, Seattle
SI provides services that support patient care, laboratory and research equipment for University, state, federal and other publicly funded agencies. Services include technology management, regulatory compliance, preventive maintenance, routine or emergency repairs, and design and prototype development. SI is a self-sustaining unit. Major customers include UW Medical Center, Laboratory Medicine, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, UW Physicians Neighborhood Clinics, Harborview Medical Center and NW Hospital.
The BMET 1 will perform entry-level Biomedical Electronics work such as troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, installing, testing and calibrating a variety of analog, digital and electromechanical instruments used in healthcare, clinical laboratories and medical research.
To learn more and apply: go to
BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1
Posted here: 11 December 2020
Req # 185199
Location: University of Washington, Operations & Maintenance, Montlake Campus, Seattle
The UWMC Montlake Campus Operations & Maintenance Department is seeking a BIOMEDICAL ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 1 (BMET1) to join our Bed Shop team. We are seeking a candidate who is an excellent team player with a robust eagerness to learn new skills and provide world class customer service to patients and staff. Primary duties will include performing preventative and corrective maintenance on the following equipment types:
•Patient Beds (Medical Surgical, ICU, L&D)
•Stretchers (transport, procedural, radiology, specialty, etc.)
•Ceiling mounted Patient Lift systems (need to be able to lift 50 pound weights for annual re-certification testing)
•Exam and Procedure Tables and Chairs
•Transport and Wheel Chairs
•Nurse Call adaptive switches
•Over Bed Tables
•Medical Air CO monitoring system
To learn more and apply: go to
Posted here: 10 December, 2020
Schedule: Full-time, Day
Location: Swedish Medical Center, First Hill Main Bldg, Seattle
Req ID: 277444
Performs highly skilled work of considerable difficulty involving various medical equipment and systems. Considered being an expert in the operation of specialized test equipment, schematic reading, and technical manuals. Will assemble, disassemble and fabricate, as needed moderately complex electronic and Electro-mechanical devices.
In this position you will:
· Ability to plan, design and implement the custom fabrication of medical equipment and parts or enhancing the original equipment function
· Ability to work from construction blueprints and shop drawings
· Performs major and minor repairs on equipment as assigned
· Applies good problem solving skills in a variety of situations
· Performs incoming inspections, cleaning, unscheduled maintenance, and calibration
Qualifications: Required qualifications for this position include:
· Associate's Degree in Electronic Technology from an accredited program or Military training may be considered as an alternative
· Must have completed several specialized training courses on servicing certain medical devices or systems
· AAMI/BMET certification
· Ten (10) or more years experience in repairing, servicing and fabricating variety of medical electronic devices. A fabrication includes the ability to plan, design and implement medical electronic devices as well as enhancements or modifications to existing medical equipment
· Experience working from construction blueprints and shop drawings
To learn more and apply, go to:
Biomedical Service Specialist- Equipment Technician
DaVita Kidney Care
Posted here: 28 November 2020
Two Locations: Portland, OR and Salem, OR
Job ID, Portland: R0142619
Job ID, Salem: R0142775
((((Willing to train however, seeking skilled backgrounds in electronics and diagnostic repairs etc.…))))
This position requires "on-call" hour requirement when needed (typically once every 4 weeks)
This will cover our Portland and Salem areas – acute settings will be included
High School Diploma or GED required – will be verified during on-boarding
· A high school diploma – Did you graduate from high school? Great! Did you graduate from a trade school/college biomed or electronics technology program? Even better! That type of education would support you well in this position.
· A skilled electro-mechanical equipment technician – The best candidates will have performed this type of work at some point in the past, or have a demonstrated aptitude for it.
· Great communications skills – DaVita teammates (this is what we call our employees) communicate openly, honestly and frequently with each other. You’ll need to be a master at this.
· Solid computer skills – Our teammates regularly use MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook), the internet, and DaVita-specific applications to perform their work. We’ll train you on the DaVita tools, but you’ll need to come into the job with solid internet navigation and MS Office skills.
· A valid driver’s license – Our Biomed Techs typically need to drive their own automobiles to get from one clinic to another. You’ll need a valid driver’s license within the state you are applying for work, as well as valid automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record.
· Available for on-call rotations – We’re a healthcare provider, and sometimes our clinics and patients have needs late at night, on the weekends, and even during the wee hours of the morning. As a Biomed team, we are committed to meeting those needs, no matter what time the request comes in. We’ll ask you to share in this commitment by taking an on-call rotation once in a while.
· Close proximity – Our biomed technicians should reside fairly close to the clinics located in this area, so they can provide adequate emergency response coverage.
Biomed Video Clip: https://vimeo.com/user13916073/review/264639084/515e9afae9
Learn more and apply for Portland, go to:
Learn more and apply for Salem go to:
Biomedical Equipment Technician 1
Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC)
Posted here: 6 Nov 2020
Location: Beaverton, OR
Requisition ID: 2020-7082
Job Type: AFSCME union represented
Salary Range: $29.18 - $34.62
The Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) is located 12 miles west of the OHSU main campus, and sits on 162 acres of land featuring forested areas, research and administration buildings, indoor and outdoor animal housing, a pond, and 2-mile perimeter walking path. …
Function/Duties of Position
The Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) 1 will perform highly skilled work of considerable difficulty, performing repairs and services on all medical and laboratory equipment at the OHSU West Campus. This is the first of a three level series. …
Learn more and apply: go to
Crothall HTS is hiring nationwide for the following positions:
Imaging Service Engineer Positions:
- ISE III, Corpus Christi, TX
- ISE I, Chester, PA
Biomedical Equipment Technician Positions:
- BMET I, Mount Vernon, Washington
- BMET I, West Chester, OH
- BMET II, East Orange, NJ
- BMET II, Worcester, MA
- BMET II, Corpus Christi, TX
- BMET III, Chester, PA
To Apply, contact:
Michael Enquist, BMET II
Crothall HTS, West Field Service
Or send your resume to: email@example.com
Posted here: 16 November, 2020
Location: OHSU Tuality Hillsboro Medical Center, Hillsboro, OR
Job ID: 83002
Functions as a Biomed technician to maintain medical equipment and effectively provide service of Biomedical systems and equipment through repair, reconditioning, modification, and calibration. Prepares reports on findings and makes recommendations. Assists with planning and purchasing of equipment and systems.
Associate's Degree in electronics or four years general electronics service.
Attends continuing education in Biomedical Engineering.
Licenses, Certifications And/or Registrations Required:
Possesses a current and valid Oregon or Washington State driver's license and has had at least four years with a license.
Drivers must have a satisfactory driving record.
Preferred: Experience in a hospital setting.
Job Related Knowlege, Skills And Abilities:
Minimum two years of troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment.
Demonstrates knowledge of Biomedical Engineering.
Functions in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
Demonstrates excellent customer service
Demonstrates effective communication skills - body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing and questions.
Demonstrates basic knowledge of the use of a personal computer.
Presents a personal appearance that makes a good first impression.
Preferred: Bilingual skills a plus.
To learn more and apply: go to
Biomedical Equipment Technician
Posted here: 12 November 2020
Company: Multimedical Systems
Location: Portland, OR and Seattle, WA metro areas
To learn more and apply: go to:
Biomed Equipment Tech I
(Senior Level Tech)
Posted here: 6 November 2020
Location: Valley Medical Center, Renton, WA
Job Req: # 2020-0212
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Shift: Full Time, Days
Unique Job Functions:
For full details and to apply, go to: https://valleymed.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20201106162821&
Field Service Calibration Technician
Posted here: 4 November 2020
Location: Seattle, WA
Job ID: 2020-1378
Type: Full-Time Regular (40 hrs/wk)
Through Transcat's calibration services segments, we offer precise, reliable, fast calibration services through Calibration Center of Excellence strategically located across the United States and Canada. To support our customers' calibration service needs, Transcat delivers the industry's highest quality calibration service and repairs.
To more details and to apply, go to
BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN I (PART TIME)
Posted here: 30 October 2020
Location: Mount Vernon, WA, US
Company: Compass One / Crothall Healthcare
Req ID: 430677
To Learn More: go to https://www.crothall.com/careers/all/?id=430677-en-us
Company: University of Washington
Location: Seattle, WA
Job #: 183750
Shift: First Shift
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
The BMET 2 will perform journey level Biomedical Electronics work such as troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, installing, testing, calibrating and constructing a variety of analog, digital and electromechanical instruments used in healthcare, clinical laboratories and medical research.
To Apply: go to
On-Site Specialist: Surgical Equipment
Posted here: 28 Oct 2020
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job # R437276
Utilizes a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking abilities to facilitate job functions during surgical procedures as well as preoperative and postoperative equipment management.
Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
Works with surgeons, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel.
Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
Must be able to accurately and honestly record and report data metrics related to all specific job functions on a monthly basis.
Responsible for maintaining up-to-date account information to ensure continuous high levels of service at the account.
Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information.
Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
To Apply: go to
Job seekers in Oregon are welcome to check the WSBA’s listings.
Jobs on the OBA site are at: https://www.orbmet.org/employment.html
TechNation now has a national resource for HTM job opportunities !
While the WSBA jobs page focuses on openings in the Pacific Northwest,
HTMJobs lists positions across the country. Take a look!
Go to: https://htmjobs.com